$432/yr. cloud based. Requested demo. and offered for all interested.
Thank you for your interest in ShalomCloud. Our software was born from a deep commitment of its founders to provide a faster, less expensive, and less complex capability to handle the daily aspect of running temples and synagogues. We are of the belief that religious institutions should devote precious resources, both human and financial, to the goals of the institution, rather than back-office maintenance. We would be delighted to give you and anyone in your synagogue a demonstration of the software. The demo last approximately an hour to an hour and a half. We are happy to demo nights and weekends as well as daytime. Please let me know some convenient times in the coming weeks. Please let us know the name of your synagogue and your location. Put your availability in your time zone so that I can send out the invitation correctly. ShalomCloud is located in Charlotte, NC (EST).
Features of ShalomCloud
• Tracking of individual and family units – demographic data,
birthdays, anniversaries, B’nei Mitzvah and statement generation.
• Create attributes to be able to identify different groups in your synagogue, such as, Choir, Sisterhood, Finance Committee, etc.
• Membership Portal – congregants can have access to their own accounts make payments, change addresses and more.
• Shopping Cart
• Donation Button for your website
• Form Builder – for School and Member Registrations
• No cost conversion, if you can provide us your data
-from Chaverware, Rakafet, ShulCloud or MM2000 -or in our excel formatted spreadsheets, or in excel files. We will walk you through the downloading of the spreadsheets and help you extract your current data with ease. You install NOTHING.
• Track incoming funds and payments with the option of applying them to receivables through QuickBooks Online and Quickbooks Desktop.
• Built in credit card and ACH system – that takes the payment and post them directly to the category – no double and triple entering of data.
• Yahreitz, Dates are in Hebrew and Gregorian, tracks relationship to member, reminder Yahreitz letters or text can be produced from ShalomCloud.
• Ease of reporting data for reports, including trend reports,
graphs, and charts.
• Any standard letter/emails you currently can be formatted to send instantly to congregants from ShalomCloud; print labels and envelopes.
• Instant Email
• Email Templates
• Texting – first 200 text messages a month are free, thereafter $.01/text message.
• Data Security – always in the cloud for the utmost in safety and ShalomCloud can be used from any device anywhere and does not need to be installed on devices.
• No long-term contracts – you go month to month with ShalomCloud.
• First 60 days of ShalomCloud are free. We won’t bill you until
the 3rd month you are using the software
• Training via phone and video conference is free, there are no
maximum number of training hours, whatever you and your staff need we will provide.
Pricing is based on the number of active families in your synagogue.
1 – 250 Active Families $36/month
251 – 500 $72/month
Demo quite impressive. Very flexible. Easy to set up and customize with less steps to get desired information. Integrates with QB.
Rabbi (Beth Jacowitz Chottiner)
8:29 PM (45 minutes ago)
We’ve been very happy. They are a small operation, so you get to know them well. They are extremely responsive and it’s very reasonable especially for small congregations. Just know that they are new and still working out kinks and adding resources. They will help create what you need, but you don’t always have it when you need it. Even still, it’s far better than chaverware which we used previously and it’s nice to be part of something new.
I know the founder and owner. They are a small operation but very responsive and will help you do what is needed. They also see the software as a non profit and a tool for Jewish communities. They’re pricing is very good
https://mm2000.net/ eblast module. MM on the web. QuickBooks. Unlimited phone support.
Member & Spouse Information
MM2000 is built with customized inquiry screens to access vital demographic
information tailored for both Executive Director and Clergy/Staff respective needs.
● Name, Nickname, Hebrew Name (in English transliteration or Hebrew font)
● Find Family Records by either member or spouse last name, or by ID
● Maintain Birth, Anniversary, and Membership dates
● Marital Status
● Up to 98 addresses per family, with 3 telephone fields per address for home, work
and Cellular Phone numbers
● Email addresses for both member and spouse
● Maintain separate “Mail to” and “Bill to” addresses
● Unlimited Membership Type categories
● Unlimited activities and attributes
● Suppress unlisted telephone numbers from rosters
● High Holy Day non-assigned seating
● Comments – Secure Notes Module
● Automatic link from member screen to child screen
● Related family member information
● Executive Director screen with full demographic information including: children, related family members, accounts receivable, yahrzeits, family pictures, private or shareable notes, and automatic letter writing and emailing features
● Clergy/Staff Inquiry screen with full demographic information including: children, related family members, yahrzeits, family pictures, private or shareable notes, and automatic letter writing and emailing features
● Numerous reports, exports, rosters and label formats with print preview screens
In MM2000, children have their own dedicated database. This gives MM2000 the unique ability to have children connected to two separate families, a ‘many to many’ relationship.
● Connect a child to more than one family and list both parents on rosters
● One button link to parents, stepparents, and siblings
● Birth, B’nai Mitzvah, Confirmation dates, and comprehensive B’nai Mitzvah
● Detailed B’nai Mitzvah preparation screens, including parshah and meeting codes
● Secular/Day School codes, Religious and Hebrew School codes and classes
● Send mail to second parent and special addresses for college students or campers
B’nai Mitzvah Module
The B’nai Mitzvah Module is more than just a set of dates within MM2000 . The module lets you not only schedule B’nai Mitzvahs but also displays which Torah Portion the student is going to read. It also lets you keep track of the students’ meetings with the Rabbi and their charity/tzedaka project. The best thing about the module is the ability to view and print out all the Saturdays, and holidays, of the year and see which ones are reserved for B’nai Mitzvahs and which ones are open. This make it easy to plan!
● Detailed B’nai Mitzvah preparation screen, includes parshah and meeting codes
● Schedule Rabbi meeting date and Speech “due” date
● Annual Calendar report listing every Holy Day, great for scheduling future years
● Export of upcoming B’nai Mizvahs including parent and stepparent addresses,
phone numbers and emails
● Four lines of user-defined comments to track readings, tutor information, special
family needs, party info and much more
Accounts Receivable Module
MM2000 decided not to reinvent the wheel when it comes to General Ledgers, which is why we work with any G/L in the market place including Sage Products (Peachtree), CYMA, Great Plains and of course, QuickBooks ® MM2000 does, however, take care of all your Accounts Receivable needs.
● Unlimited Funds/Billing codes
● Change or combine billing codes
● Summary and detail accounts receivable with inquiry available on screen or
● Member ledger cards available for printing
● One click to pay off outstanding individual items or total balance
● View and edit payment and charge journals before posting
● Global/Batch billing by member or child activity, membership type, member family
status, gender, or school codes
● Cycle billing provides for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual, or “define your own” billing periods
● Report on total charges, adjustments, payments, and balance due
● Transaction types link to general ledger debit and credit numbers (either cash or accrual)
● Aging reports with user defined columns print to screen or printer
● Print reports for any series of accounts (Synagogue, Religious School, Nursery
● Donor receipts comply with IRS and Canada Revenue Agency regulations
● Provides correct donor receipts to the donor even when applying payments to
another member’s account
● Choose from over 30 statement formats to print or email to your members
Providing Yahrzeit notices is an intrinsic part of the services that Synagogues
provide to their members. This is why it’s important to have a true Yahrzeit Module that doesn’t just keep track of dates and relatives. The MM2000 Yahrzeit module does this, and much more.
● Unlimited Yahrzeit notices for each deceased
● Select by English, Hebrew, or English & Hebrew dates for a single deceased
● Print weekly or monthly lists, memorial plaque lists, Rabbi’s lists, and labels
● Print and/or email personalized Yahrzeit notices to members or non-members
● Online look up in the Cemetery Module for burial plot information
● Hebrew/English & English/Hebrew date conversions and lookups
● Special phonetic pronunciation field for Rabbi’s pulpit lists (is it Ko-hayn or Koen)
● Deceased name in Hebrew font
● Export Yiskor list for letters and your Memorial Book
● Plaque Listings
School Module (Optional)
MM2000 can keep track of Religious School and/or Hebrew School classes for every child. However, should you feel you need more detail, the School Module is an easier way to track, graduate, and grade your students. This is a comprehensive School Module for larger schools.
● Use it for Religious school, day school, preschool, camps, adult education classes,
and Mitzvah Day projects
● Enroll children and/or adults in all available classes
● Quick, one button student enrollment in classes
● Setup teachers, teaching assistants, student aides, etc.
● Maintain extensive student notes for every class
● Track students’ school class history, teachers’ and administrators’ notes and
● Create charges for up to six different billing codes for every class
● Special notes for each student (doctor & insurance information, emergency
contacts including ‘Authorized Pickup’, special dates, and comments)
● Track attendance, including marking students tardy, then print the report
● Rosters, labels, & mail merges by school term, course codes, classes, and day of
● Online School registration with MMOnTheWeb
Campaign Management (Optional)
Being able to keep track of where your money comes from, and where it’s going, are two key issues of every Synagogue. MM2000’s Campaign Management Module was designed to facilitate the solicitation process from identifying ” Prospects” to ” Pledge Candidates”.
● Manage multiple campaigns at once
● Maintain capital and annual campaigns, endowments, expediencies, and planned giving
● Assign campaign workers and track prospective donors & their history
● Maintain naming opportunities and an inventory of each item for dedication
● Keep extensive printable notes with unlimited subjects
● Record recognition level & report on it
● Donor, worker, and committee reports and exports
● Report on future pledges by date & amount
● Customizable letters and thank you notes
MMOnTheWeb is essential for your Organization. Rather than calling the Synagogue, your congregants can go online from anywhere they have an internet connection to access their account. MMOnTheWeb gives your Congregants the ability to make Payments & Donations Online, Register for Events & School, Update Addresses, Add Children to Their Member Profile, and even access a Member Directory (which members can opt out of).
What sets MMOnTheWeb apart from our competitors is that the front end of this Module is fully customizable. You can make it look exactly like your website, or you can leave as is. Membership Management Services does not display their logo on the site, nor do we charge based on membership size. MMOnTheWeb registers your members with a secure login & password, and is protected by a 2048 bit encryption.
Automatic Payments (Optional)
MM2000 natively handles recurring billing (Cycle Billing). If you are looking for something that will automate the process of posting your payments, then Automatic Payments Module is something you want to consider. Automatic Payments will take these recurring payments and charge credit cards, process postdated checks, and store credit card information (using credit card tokens and is completely PCI compliant).
● Create payment schedules to process payments using credit cards or postdated checks
● Process credit card payments from within MM2000
● Store encrypted credit card information including billing address and card
● Process payments for different activities at various times of the month
● Store multiple credit cards for each family
Special Event Seating Module
The Special Event Seating Module is used primarily by Synagogues for High Holy Days. But did you know that you can use the Special Event Seating Module for Galas, Dinner Dances, or Fundraisers? It’s a versatile tool that will help streamline your events.
● Unlimited events
● Use assigned or unassigned seating
● Assign seats for the High Holy Days or any other Special Event (banquet, concert or lecture)
● Multiple ticket prices
● Meal selection
● Copy seating plans from one event to another
● Print seating tickets in your own format through our RTF (Rich Text File) feature
● Print seating reports
● Interface to Accounts Receivable for billing
● Export capabilities for personalized letters, labels, tickets …
Non-Member Mailing Module
The Non-Member Mailing Module helps you keep track of all the Non-Members that you would like to market to. This is a great advertising tool! Keep track of all your Non-Members in unlimited targeted mailing lists. Having a large fundraiser to help raise money for a new Capital Campaign? Send out invitations not just to Synagogue members, but to those in the community at large, or those who only come in for High Holy Days. Our Non-Member Mailing Module also interfaces with Accounts Receivables, Yahrzeits, Special Event Seating, and our Cemetery Modules.
● Enter an unlimited number of non-members/prospective members
● Set up an unlimited number of separate validated mailing lists
● Print labels in multiple formats, with Bulk Mailing reports by zip code
● One step removal of obsolete lists
MM2000 makes it easy to coordinate your cemetery plots. In order to do so, we are somewhat blunt about it; the plot is ‘available’, ‘reserved’, or ‘occupied’. This makes it simple to navigate and operate.
● Track synagogue cemetery, and/or sections in other cemeteries
● Define your own location criteria
● Maintain detailed deceased information, including armed forces service
● Track each property for available, reserved, or interred status
● Reports by plot status, location or member family
● On-line member and non-member ownership information
● Automatic billing for annual or seasonal plot care
● Online look up of Yahrzeit information
Scroll of Remembrance/Yiskor Book Module
The Scroll of Remembrance/Yiskor Book helps you produce a full booklet for Yom Kippur to list your congregants and the individuals they want to remember.
● Enter both person to be remembered and by whom
● Prints letters to your members in a RTF (Rich Text Format) reminding them of how they acknowledged last year
● Prints customizable scroll using RTF (Rich Text Formating)
Donation Acknowledgment Module
One of the biggest mistake a Synagogue can make is not sending an
acknowledgment to someone who has been kind enough to give a gift. The
Donation Acknowledgment Module helps you send ‘Thank You Notes’ to your
Members and non Members alike once a donation is taken either in house or
online via MMOnTheWeb.
● Automatically creates letters, in your format, for acknowledgments and thank you notes
● One button export to Microsoft Word® to list donations in your bulletin in your
● Enter donations with or without posting to a member’s Accounts Receivable
● Select ‘In memory of…’, ‘In honor of…’, or define your own reason for recognition
● Take donations online
Staying in contact with your members is a vital part of running a synagogue. You want to be able to deliver fast, interesting, and informative emails to certain individuals at specific times. With the MM2000 Email Blast Module, you can make sure that the right people get the right information. No more hassling with Constant Contact; just a simple click and the emails are off.
● Send email blasts to your members or children and create labels for those
without email addresses
● Turn any document into an email, not an attachment, and send it to your
● Send child emails to children or their parents
● Send emails and create labels for members based on gender, activities, or
● Export email lists to Excel®, Constant Contact®, or Outlook®
● Email Statements, Yahrzeit Notices, Birthday/Anniversary Cards, and your Bulletins
Shalach Manot (Optional)
One of the best ways for a Synagogue to raise money is through Shalach Manot Purim Baskets or Rosh Hashana Cards. Many of our Synagogues have reported taking in over $10,000 from these types of fundraisers during Purim and Rosh Hashana. MM2000’s Shalach Manot Module lets you easily track who is giving baskets to whom, and how much money the Synagogue is bringing in.
● Creates a member checklist to include with your order form
● Easily keep track of both the sender and recipient
● Generate reciprocal gifts and/or universal senders
● Print listings by senders or recipients to include in bulletins or reports
● Print a basket or greeting cards list
● Great for taking in a lot of donations very quickly for Rosh Hashanah or Purim
QuickBooks® Pro, Premier and Non-Profit Edition
Membership Management Services (MM2000) works with synagogues that range in size from 90 Member Families to 3000+ Member Families; therefore a one size fits all General Ledger is not the most efficient way to operate. One of the more popular General Ledgers we work with is QuickBooks. We migrate Accounts Receivable data between MM2000 and QuickBooks in an easy to use, one-click interface.
● Work on either a cash or accrual basis
● Designed in conjunction with QuickBooks Partners Program
● Seamlessly transfer Accounts Receivable data between MM2000 and QuickBooks
Pro, Premier, Non-Profit, and Enterprise Edition General Ledger
Cash Projection (Optional)
A Synagogue’s cash flow is a concern of every board member. With the MM2000
Cash Projection Module it is easy to report and project future income.
● Project future income for collateral or bank loan reports
● Generate schedules for future income regardless of the fiscal period
● Report by fiscal or calendar year
Unlimited Telephone Support
One of the things in which Membership Management Services takes pride, is our Unlimited Telephone Support. Over 60% of all support issues are resolved in less than an hour. No waiting a day or two to have someone answer your question. We are able to connect to your computer directly and troubleshoot the problem. This lets us not only fix the issue for you, but also demonstrate the steps needed so that you learn how to better utilize all the features of MM2000 Synagogue Software . All of our calls are answered by a live person, even when the office is closed. If your system ever goes down, our employees will be notified and get you up and running as fast as possible, even after our business hours. If there is ever a problem, no
matter how big or how small, Membership Management Services is here to make sure you take advantage of the full power of our software. Don’t ever hesitate to call! Telephone support includes answering questions regarding the operation of Membership Management Services software including diagnosing problems with data entry, and general “how to” issues. Contact us as often as needed to resolve any issue.
Very old technology, complicated to use. Need to manually transfer data to QB.
$3500 base price of office, $720/yr, for MM Web. No one was very impressed.
Open Source (Zenbership).
1. You may not have the budget for expensive software or hefty recurring subscription fees.
2. You may not have the level of internal support and know-how that it takes to sustain any software.
3. Products like ShulCloud or Chaverware have a very steep learning curve, and your secretarial staff and clergy may not find it easy to use. ShulNET has a steep learning curve, too, but it’s more intuitive, our users have found, than other products.
4. Now more than ever, bad actors are trying to infiltrate our digital systems as much or more than our physical institutions. They like to deface websites, conduct denial of service attacks, and worst of all, compromise member personal security by exploiting our systems and stealing data. If your system doesn’t offer encrypted storage and robust security, it’s a liability for you and your shul.
Good morning, I interface presently with QuickBooks Online for this system, but we can integrate imports and exports with the desktop version for member invoicing. It’s not distinct from the way ShulCloud does their integrations. Basically, if invoices are generated in QuickBooks, we can take an export and import them so that members may pay them online, and then we can export the payments back to QuickBooks. With the online version of QuickBooks, it can happen in real time. I am a small operation. The only benefit is that I’m also fielding versions of this software that haven’t been customized for synagogues for some major non-profits. I have other developers working on those versions, and we benefit from paid bug fixes/features being added to those versions. We do have a 24 hour turnaround on bugs and, depending on feature requests, our turnaround has generally been a week for minor features. More significant features are a little more touch and go. ShulNET does have built-in website content management, but it can be colocated or integrated with WordPress. I have some openings for demos of the software early next month. We do user training on how to use this system in addition to demos, and I try to do it at low/no cost. Our goal has been to reduce the overall costs of software through open-source, especially for smaller shuls, like my own. Adding $55 a month to our budget for a ShulCloud subscription is not great, but we can do $19.95 a month because we’re only paying for hosting. I do charge for customizations of the software, but only if it’s not a customization I haven’t done before. The software, because it is open source, is also free for a congregation to modify themselves, if they have the wherewithal. Since we can colocate a WordPress installation with ShulNET, we don’t charge extra to host both. We’re not trying to turn a profit on this – we’re really trying to meet a need we’ve experienced as small town, threadbare-budget shuls that benefit from systems automation. Our congregant, for instance, that handled mailing of minyan/donation notices for yahrzeits, passed, and we had no one to do this, so we added a workflow to this system to handle that via email and snail mail. Brian Kresge
Free up to 50 members, $25/mo. up to 250. QB integration. Lots of positive reviews, most 4.5/5. Free 30-day trial. Includes website builder, online payments. Publish info and news.
Most MMS solutions include features like:
• Website: create and update your website with little-to-no tech experience.
• Events: easily create and promote classes and events with online registration, attendance tracking, and payment processing.
• Payments: automate donations, registrations and payments.
• Database: maintain detailed member records in an easy-to-search and filter online database.
• Emails: send professional newsletter and email communications to your members.
• Member Login: allow members to login to your website to access exclusive resources.
$20/mo. Free trial. Convert Chaverware files at no charge.
Installation looks a bit difficult; dub-domain or sub-folder on website.
Successor to Chaverware. Very poor customer service ($175/hr.)
Cloud based. Discount for Chaverware users, $350 less than Chaverware. Asking $800 to switch over, and 30 day access to training webinars.
Correspondence from Lauren to Chaverware:
Good afternoon. As promised during our call this morning, I’m following up with you regarding our training program for Chaverware and our communications during the past couple of months.
From what I learned you connected with one of administrative team members in early December asking about training for new synagogue staff. Chaverware provides, at no charge, one hour of training. Our team member – Crystal – indicated that we have training available between 9 – 5 (Eastern). I seems that you may have misconstrued that to mean that training would be for 8 hours. Actually it meant that you can select a one hour period during that time. It also seems that you thought you had the 8 hour session set for 12/18. The reason you had not received a confirming email is because a training session on 12/18 (for either 1 or 8 hours) was not formally set, hence the lack of confirmation.
I understand that you did have your 1 hour session with Lenny earlier this month. As former user of Chaverware, I feel that one hour of training, regardless of what is covered during that time is insufficient. Our goal for providing the one hour of training at no charge is to get the user started on using Chaverware. When I hired new staff I only scheduled the hour after the staff person was using Chaverware for a little bit and then I scheduled several 1-hour sessions.
As I noted in an earlier response, we do offer training at the rate of $175/hour. To schedule one or more training classes please email TechSupport@Chaverware.com. You should indicate the number of hours you’d like and provide sevral 1-hour time slots. You will get a response from Tech Support confirming the date/time. Once payment is received the session will be formalized.
Thank you for your reachout and feedback to me. I’ve shared that with our support team.
Q) What is ShulCloud? A) ShulCloud is a web cloud-based synagogue management software built from the ground-up that offers a complete package to synagogues. It has robust member billing features, detailed and social member management and relationship capabilities, incredibly smart calendar and scheduling software, an online member portal for paying bills, updating their records, a beautiful web site package and much more.
Q) How much does it cost to migrate? A) At ShulCloud, you’re in control. You can just sign up and pay the monthly fee or opt for our onboarding solutions which range from a one time fee of $150 – $3,600+ depending on the services you would like to take advantage of.
Q) Does this replace my existing account receivables system for my synagogue? A) Yes, this replaces your existing accounts receivables system.
Q) Do I still have to pay for web site hosting? A) No, ShulCloud is your host. We manage the web site and all the software for you in the cloud. You just pay our monthly fee and we do the rest. This includes hosting, backups, redundancy, security upgrades, software upgrades and much more.
Q) Do I have to pay for future software updates? A) No. As long as you continue to pay the ongoing monthly fee, all feature upgrades, security upgrades and server upgrades are free. Since this is a cloud-based software product, upgrades happen almost every day. So you get to enjoy all those new features as part of your monthly fee.
Q) Did you really build in Jewish halacha (law) into ShulCloud? A) Yes. We are the only ones to have Jewish zmanim (times) powering the calendar system and other components of the calendar. From when you should have afternoon services on Yom Kippur to when you should observe a yahrtzeit, ShulCloud’s halacha code handles it all.
Q) Can you integrate with third-party accounting packages? A) Yes. We directly connect to QuickBooks over the Internet and offer import and export options for PeachTree, MYOB and many other accounting packages. With QuickBooks we directly send the data through the Internet so that it ensures all your financial data matches up with a simple click of a button.
410% increase in member collections
Treas duties decr. By 20 hrs/mo.
Collect receivables 60 days faster
83% of synagogues would recommend ShulCloud to a colleague.
Over 90% say ShulCloud exceeds their expectations.
88% of users are happier since switching
schedule making efficiency increased by 200%
Website traffic increasd by 86%
94% of customers say support is quick & responsive.
From Ann Waterman:
1) Are you comfortable with a system that’s entirely cloud based? When your internet connection goes down, so does your management software. [Note: Some of these don’t make it clear whether they’re entirely cloud/web based, computer based or hybrid. Statements like “works well on these browsers,” in the absence of a clear answer to this, are cause for concern.]
2) Of those that are computer based, are they Mac compatible?
3) One of them — the last one, I think — says it incorporates halacha into the software. Does that mean it won’t work on Shabbat? (Yes, seriously.)
4) ChaiTrack has a one-page, very basic website. That doesn’t exactly impress with its level of expertise.
I’d scratch off Down East Kvetch. It looks like a two-person operation whose officials are obsessed with themselves.
Some things I really like:
1) Integration with QuickBooks. QuickBooks is incredibly easy to learn, a lot of people already know how to use it, and with a simple export file, you can take it anywhere, including entirely private.
2) Unlimited phone support.